Lync with no sound RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Lync for synchronous online class meetings and students download Lync Attendee to participate in the classes. They access the meeting link in Blackboard and go through an authentication process when they login in with their school ID and password. Everyone is prompted to enter their email address and then gets an error message that they can't be logged in. When they close that, two new fields open on the login screen and they can enter their ID and password. (It's weird, but that's how it works.) One student is not prompted to enter her ID and password after closing the error message, but she gets logged into Lync with no audio, so she has to call in.  We had a help session yesterday at the public library and everything worked for her as it should. Tonight when she tried to login from home, but the problem re-emerged. We've tried the basic troubleshooting with her to test audio, etc. I feel so badly for this student. Has anyone experienced this problem? How can it be fixed?
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

can you check the full client connecting from WAN and make a call to an internal user? I suspect that the Firewall is not properly configured.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, June 3, 2013 1:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:52 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you check the full client connecting from WAN and make a call to an internal user? I suspect that the Firewall is not properly configured.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, June 3, 2013 1:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:52 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:22 AM
  • thank you for your reply.  I put the student in touch with her ISP and it turns out that the problem was a DNS setting.

Robin Grebing

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:14 PM