Lync Telephony without Exchange UM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Masters,

I need some ideas for the following scenario, i have client requesting for PBX Solution for a new site with 2000 extensions and 300 PSTN lines (E1). Can i propose Lync as the solution. They need only the telephony, no IM, no pressence, no conference nothing, jst the telephony. Can you pls guide me what are the requirements in this case. For the IP Phones ( I will go for MS Certified Phones), PIN numbers are setting thru Exchange UM role, if i am not wrong. It is possible to we can avoid Exchange UM

Looking forward for guidance

Regards

Vinu

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:11 PM

Answers

• Exchange UM provides voicemail for Lync. If you don't require voicemail as part of this proposed solution, you can avoid Exchange UM as part of the design.

The PIN number used in Lync is for logging into phones and as your conferencing PIN. The PIN for Exchange UM is to log into your voice mailbox to retrieve voicemail.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Johan DelimonMVP Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by VinuM Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:41 PM