media player destroys sound RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I have a Soundmax integrated sound system, (into my motherbord asus p5p800SE). I can install the driver mannually. But when i fire up my media player all sounds kills and i have no sound untill i restart..

Does anyone have the same problem?

Maybe a simple solution?

Thanx, SuperMightyMo

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:40 PM

Answers

• To figure out which version of Vista you've got installed, go to the Control Panel, go to the System icon (or Right-click on Computer in the menu) On the system properties tab, you'll see a section at the top that says "Windows Edition." Below it, you'll see the section marked System Rating after which, you'll see the information on the system, processor and memory - and immediately at the bottom of that section, it will say "32 bit Operating System" or "64 bit Operating System."

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:22 AM

All replies

• Wow, I did not think that anyone else had this problem. I have the same EXACT problem as you, same motherboard, sound system and same problem...I have been looking everywhere for a fix. Furthermore, it does not detect my 5.1 surround sound speakers even when it does work.
    Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:40 PM
  • I am ( sorry for you) glad that i am not the only one. Maybe we should report a bug, but do you know how? And if you find a solution please report.

( for playing music i now use Winamp, its not the best solution, but i guess the only one)

Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:45 PM
  • Hey

I had an idea, when i was reading my P5P800 SE manual i read that is was 64 bit, i don't know for sure if i installed 64 bit or 32 bit, maybe that is causing the problem, what version did you install?

Tnx, SuperMightyMo

Monday, June 26, 2006 5:22 PM
  • How do I check which one I installed?
    Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:09 AM
  • Hey

I have no idea, i have the same problem that's why i hoped that you knew it. Maybe an idea to try and reinstall?, i get cracking whit downloading i guess. I give you feedback when I know more.

SuperMightyMo

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:15 AM
  • Sounds good, thank you.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:03 PM
  • To figure out which version of Vista you've got installed, go to the Control Panel, go to the System icon (or Right-click on Computer in the menu) On the system properties tab, you'll see a section at the top that says "Windows Edition." Below it, you'll see the section marked System Rating after which, you'll see the information on the system, processor and memory - and immediately at the bottom of that section, it will say "32 bit Operating System" or "64 bit Operating System."

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:22 AM
  • Hey

Thanx, I am running 32 bit and you????. A friend of mine said it wouldn't matter what you where running that a 64 bit motherbord can run on 32 bit as well, but maybe...

I also found problems with the Windows xp 64 bit version with the sound, so maybe it's related.....

Well i will try thiss weekend, if i succeed ( or won't) i will post the result.

SuperMightyMo

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:09 PM
  • I will be checking on vista later today (currently on XP) to see if I am running 64 or 32. I wonder if it is a Soundmax bug because I have seen a lot of these problems with vista related to Soundmax...
    Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:39 PM
  • I've got my system set to triple-boot Vista 32, 64 and XP. I don't have the same sound issue(s) as my motherboard would seem to be an entirely different beast. (Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9) The NForce4 chipset seems to be working well enough with both versions of Vista.

Good luck..!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:32 PM
  • Thanx,

I have one question for you though, do you think it will work, the 64bit version?

Thanx SuperMightyMo

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:59 PM
  • I just checked and I am using the 32 bit windows vista...
    Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:55 PM
  • Hey

Than thats the problem ( i hope), i will try Vista x64 on sunday. I will give you feedback as soon as i know something.

SuperMightyMo

Friday, June 30, 2006 7:07 AM
  • Hey

Sorry for the delay, but i am burning Windows Vista 64 bit as we speak. I will install today and give you feedback wenn i am done.

superMightyMo

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:02 AM
  • Hey, i am back again

It's not working 64x, becuase it will not install it's not the right version, so i guess we will have to waid till they give out the right drivers

Friday, July 14, 2006 12:47 PM
  • Ahh....I guess well just have to settle with XP for now. Thank you for trying though, I appreciate it.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 6:37 PM
  • np. i will say wenn it's working so you can come back

Thanx,

SuperMightyMo

Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:35 AM
  • Hey

I just got an email from Microsoft that the new Driver kit is available, i will test it this day, around 3 o'clock Dutch time. I will say if it's working, so you can get back to Vista again....

SuperMightyMo

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:24 AM
  • Any update on the 64 bit?
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:08 AM
  • Hey

No the 64 bit isn't working, you do need the 32bit, in build 5745 the sound is almost working still not in media player, but for the rest it's working.

( turn of your power saving in windows vista and your screensaver, because otherwiste the sound will crash again.)

SuperMightyMo

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:37 AM