Monitor Intel RAID in SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'd like to monitor physical Disks managed by an Intel C610 series/X99 chipset sSATA AHCI Controller.

Is there a Management Pack? I couldn't find one. If there's no Management Pack for the Controller, does anyone have expirience with an alternative Software to monitor the Intel Controller?

Monday, October 2, 2017 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephan,

no there is no MP that can help you with monitoring an Intel controller (This was the case a couple of months ago as I checked this directly with Intel). I am pretty sure that they have nbot released a MP for this in the mean time, considering the efforts needed to develop one.

You can doublecheck this with Intel, but I am pretty sure that this is still the case.

To the other question:

"If there's no Management Pack for the Controller, does anyone have expirience with an alternative Software to monitor the Intel Controller?" Monitoring a RAID controller can be very challenging and in the most casesonly the vendor is able to achieve such functionality. Even if you are skilled with MP authoring you need to know how interact with the controller and query the needed infos and with RAID controller that can be hard.

You can still do disk monitoring and create your own logic with aggreagate monitors for example.

I hope I could bring some clarity.

Cheers,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 6, 2017 2:42 AM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Agree with Stoyan .

In your case , if the hardware vendor provided the MP for hardware monitoring you may check if it supports storage controller monitoring .

Such as DELL PowerEdge contains the controller monitoring :

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/server-management-pack-suite-v6.3/servermpv6.3ugpubs/monitored-hardware-components?guid=guid-8fb24edb-d28c-4fef-b2ba-ec7c251ef6d3&lang=en-us

Based on this , I'd suggest you contact with hardware vendor to see if it is possible to do that .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 6, 2017 2:42 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, November 10, 2017 7:32 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, November 10, 2017 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 12:56 AM