none
Wmi error socket not connected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running map 6 to inventory and asses the network. We have a single domain on two sites with around 500 pc

I am getting errors like this

Device inventory completed. Elapsed time = 00:00:00.228. Collection results: Wmi = FailedDueToSocketNotConnected/0/39/2, Registry = FailedDueToSocketNotConnected/0/7/3.

I am able to conect using msinfo32 to this computer. This only happen with windows 7 and 2008r2.

any help is welcome

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:26 AM

Answers

• I have discovered that disabling IPv6 & IP Helper Service (iphlpsvc) resolved the Failed - Socket Not Connected errors.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 9:51 PM

All replies

• Test the ability to connect by WMI using WBEMTEST. An example can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtxo8re2_9w

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Good Morning,

thanks for the reply. I have tested the connection with wbemtest and it is working fine.

I can also use msinfo32 to connect to the remote computer.

Is there a wmidiag version available for 2008r2 ?

regards

jean-claude

Monday, August 22, 2011 6:44 AM
  • Please send the log file located at %Program Files%\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log to mapfdback@microsoft.com with this subject line so that I know it is from this forum thread:

Subject: MAP Forum - WMI error socket not connected

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hi

I realise this was a while back, but did you come up with a solution to the error 'Failed - Socket not connected'?

None of the other threads have a direct explanation for this other than the connection is failing.

Thanks in advance.

Kigen

IT Services | Insight Nordics

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Having the same issue.

93% Inventory Success (90/97 inventoried)... 7 Failed/Not Inventoried

WMI Status "Failed - Connection time out"
    Confirmed that WMI Firewall exceptions & Group Policy are configured.

Queries with wbemtest check-out OKAY.

Any solutions?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:50 PM
  • I have discovered that disabling IPv6 & IP Helper Service (iphlpsvc) resolved the Failed - Socket Not Connected errors.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 9:51 PM