Appearance settings keep resetting? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Windows Vista on an Asus computer and just recently my computer started resetting all of my appearance settings any time I unplug/plug in my laptop. I can change them back to what they were, but as soon as I plug/unplug the computer again, I have to readjust them. Problems I've been having include:

• Desktop wallpaper resetting to the default "Asus" background
    • Taskbar dropping down
    • Occasionally the screensaver settings changing
    • Desktop icons disappearing

Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem and solutions for how I could fix it would be greatly appreciated!

• Edited by Fawkes0629 Friday, November 11, 2011 5:03 PM
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, November 11, 2011 6:24 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Friday, November 11, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you connect the computer with your laptop?

Also, please check if there are any Asus related background program installed on your system. If so, please disable it or contact Asus for support.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, November 18, 2011 5:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you connect the computer with your laptop?

Also, please check if there are any Asus related background program installed on your system. If so, please disable it or contact Asus for support.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, November 18, 2011 5:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:56 AM
  • I had the same problem on my windows 7 asus. Was able to fix it by going to a program called "Power4Gear Hybrid" and saw that it had changed several settings without my telling it to. Switching them back fixed the problem but I'm not sure what caused it still.  

Hope this helps,

Henley

• Proposed as answer by khenley Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:31 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:31 AM