none
Why is Windows 7 slower than Vista and Crash constantly and bog down or slow constantly

Question

• I control 7 different machines.  one XP and Now six upgrade to Windows 7 - two we did by upgrade and 4 by clean install
    Why do all the machines slow down, blog down crash and lock up ?????

These machines now work slower than vista.
    They all access information slower causing programs to open files very slowly and jumpily????

Need immediate help as this fix is actually making things worse at our office
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Basically, Windows 7 should run better than Windows Vista. I would like to know if all the PCs are the same model.

For the last one that has not been upgraded,  it’s better to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check if the XP OS is ready for an upgrade to Win7. You can get the tool from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Possilbe certain device drivers are not fully compatible with Win7, out dated. Run device manager, check if there is any question Mark. Also right click all your devices and choose "upgrade driver software".

specially, if they are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), check their OEM offical website for direct information. I suggest install the latest driver for Win7 if any or install driver for Window Vista in Compatible mode.

Here is the HOW TO:

1. Right-click the downloaded exe. driver and choose Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".
    3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. Follow the instruction to install the driver, and test.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:15 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 6:15 AM

All replies

• I should also report that I have contact Microsoft on this issue to get 5 minutes of thanks-yous, sorry , wee will help you... and then nothing of any substance.  Execpt I will check the knowlegebase, let me put yu on hold a few minutes, let me put you on hold a couple minutes, someone will call you back in 24 yhours (that was two weeks ago) and NO response.....
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

Basically, Windows 7 should run better than Windows Vista. I would like to know if all the PCs are the same model.

For the last one that has not been upgraded,  it’s better to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check if the XP OS is ready for an upgrade to Win7. You can get the tool from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Possilbe certain device drivers are not fully compatible with Win7, out dated. Run device manager, check if there is any question Mark. Also right click all your devices and choose "upgrade driver software".

specially, if they are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), check their OEM offical website for direct information. I suggest install the latest driver for Win7 if any or install driver for Window Vista in Compatible mode.

Here is the HOW TO:

1. Right-click the downloaded exe. driver and choose Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".
    3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. Follow the instruction to install the driver, and test.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:15 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 6:15 AM