New voice routes not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using Lync Server 2010, 4.0.7577.0. We recently encountered a mysterious problem with adding new voice routes in CsCp. Any new routes we try to enter do not take preference over existing routes that matched the dialed string. For example, I create a route that exactly matches a unique number in E.164 format and direct it to different gateway than the number would normally go to. I use Test Voice Routing in CsCp to confirm my new route will be chosen for the E.164 number I pick, and it works.

But, if I dial the number, Lync routes the call to the other gateway, which is not consistent with the test voice route result. I've confirmed the the new gateway is up, and there are no errors in the event logs coming from the mediation server the gateway is associated with.

I didn't think it was necessary to restart any services for new routes to take effect, at least that hasn't been my experience when I have added new routes before.

Any ideas?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:08 PM

Answers

• I found a workaround for my problem. I created a new PSTN Usage and associated the new route with it. I put the new PSTN Usage as the first one in the list of my voice policy. I dialed the number and it was routed where I wanted it to go.

It seems strange that the voice route testing tools indicate that the call would be routed a certain way but the actual call was not routed that way.

• Marked as answer by Noya Lau Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:22 PM

All replies

• I take it the new route is higher in the order than the historic routes?

You just need to commit your changes for it take effect.

Regards

Neil

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:46 PM
  • It is the highest route in the order.

Changes are committed, and I verified the new route works using the Test Voice Routing functionality in CsCp.

-Mark Williams

Friday, April 27, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Hi Mark,

If you create the voice route from LSCP, please confirm you’ve followed these steps correctly.

And you can also try to configure and test voice routing by the cmdlets. For details, see this article. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:35 AM
  • I tried using the powershell commands to create the new route and test it, with the same results. the new route does not take effect, even though the route testing utilities say that is how my test call should be routed.
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:05 PM
  • I found a workaround for my problem. I created a new PSTN Usage and associated the new route with it. I put the new PSTN Usage as the first one in the list of my voice policy. I dialed the number and it was routed where I wanted it to go.

It seems strange that the voice route testing tools indicate that the call would be routed a certain way but the actual call was not routed that way.

• Marked as answer by Noya Lau Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:22 PM