Backing up 2014 express edition SQL with SQL agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I'm having a standard edition Skype for business setup in my organisation . 2014 express edition SQL is running in the deployment . I would like to know if i can take the backup of my SQL installation using SQL agent , also whether it is the best way to do the same . Any help is appreciated .

Thanks in advance .

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:41 PM

All replies

• Sure, though restoring it isn't supported.  

The export-csconfiguration and export-csuserdata commands will dump a majority of the data you need for backup to XML files.  

If you want to backup SQL as well as backing up the SQL Express database (as well as backing up in other ways) because you want to cover all bases, I'd suggest using Lasse's script: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Backup-Skype-for-Business-8194d0b6 and running it as a scheduled task.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:55 PM