Volume problems RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in windows 8,1 pro.I press the volume image in the right corner of the screen and when it opens it doesn't respond and if I press it crashes,If I wait it does this thing too.I watched tutorials on YouTube but when I go to computer manager,in services tab I don't find the Windows audio service.In the tutorials it shows that but At me it doesn't.What should I do?Any good answers?
    Friday, September 15, 2017 6:27 PM

All replies

• Open Device Manager

Expand Sound,video and game controllers

Locate your sound card

Right click and select Uninstall (along with application, if any)

Reboot

Let Os detect the sound card.

Get connected with the internet. Visit sound card manufacturer's support site and download, install the latest sound card driver. If it is not an extra sound card then you can download install the latest audio driver from the support site of the manufacturer.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, September 16, 2017 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

Did it has sound when the volume icon crash?

Did you try to open volume mixer by Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound (Adjust system volume) ?

Is that you can’t find the Windows audio service in Task Manager?

If yes, you could try to start Windows audio service by following steps.

1. Click Start, type Services.msc in the  Search box.

2. Scroll down the list of services, right-click Windows Audio and select Start.

You could also take S.Sengupta’s advice to re-install the sound card driver.

And you could run the troubleshooter, select the Start button, type Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select Playing Audio -> Run the troubleshooter.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:49 PM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi, 

Hows everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 3:07 PM