none
OpenFileDialog from IE 10 lock up file RRS feed

• Question

• I ran into this issue (bug?) that I hope this is the correct forum to ask question.  

I noticed if selecting a file from IE (I am using IE 10 on Windows 8) via the common file open dialog box, the selected file handles are not release after the dialog box is closed.  This causes the selected files are locked up.  Now, if I use FireFox or Chrome, the file handles are release as soon as the dialog box is closed.  I confirmed this is indeed the case using Process Explorer and noticed the file handles just linger around until I close IE or the session or select another file.  

This is quite an important issue as I need to make sure another application that I'm working on is able to modify and save the files without being forced to saved as different name, nor can I ask my users to close or stop using IE.

I tend to think this is probably an issue in IE but i just want to know if there is a workaround/solution and I'm a bit surprised I couldn't find this issue is being reported anywhere in MSDN forums nor public domain. 

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Carl Cai Friday, March 20, 2015 5:30 AM not related to winform controls or API
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:49 PM

All replies

• I ran into this issue (bug?) that I hope this is the correct forum to ask question.  

I noticed if selecting a file from IE (I am using IE 10 on Windows 8) via the common file open dialog box, the selected file handles are not release after the dialog box is closed.  This causes the selected files are locked up.  Now, if I use FireFox or Chrome, the file handles are release as soon as the dialog box is closed.  I confirmed this is indeed the case using Process Explorer and noticed the file handles just linger around until I close IE or the session or select another file.  

This is quite an important issue as I need to make sure another application that I'm working on is able to modify and save the files without being forced to saved as different name, nor can I ask my users to close or stop using IE.

I tend to think this is probably an issue in IE but i just want to know if there is a workaround/solution and I'm a bit surprised I couldn't find this issue is being reported anywhere in MSDN forums nor public domain. 

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am afraid that this forum is to discuss issue about windows form application development, this issue is mainly related to IE, I would recommend you post this issue in the following forum by clicking Participate->Ask a Question.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10?tab=Threads

Regards,

Carl

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 20, 2015 5:30 AM