none
Downloading Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am having issues trying to get a new up to date image captured on MDT Server 2013 Update 2.

I have downloaded the Windows 10 1607 Volume Licensing copy and then using a WSUS server to install the updates.

Alex Olver

Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What kind of error you have?

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Monday, November 14, 2016 12:28 AM
  • No error's it's been hanging like this for 3 days...

Alex Olver

Monday, November 14, 2016 12:30 AM
  • Ok.

If you want to build a reference 1607 image, here's an excellent article: http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/540/Building-a-Windows-10-v1607-reference-image-using-MDT-2013-Update-2

Notice at the very beginning of this article: "Special thanks to Bernd Schlauch for tweeting about that the latest Windows 10 CU fixes an issue where the MDT Windows Update action was not working with local WSUS."

Interresting!

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Monday, November 14, 2016 12:46 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Not exactly what you expect, but: You can get ride of WSUS to build your reference image. There are basically 3 to 4 Patches to download every month to be up to date. Patches are available through Windows Catalog update. If you need guidance, you can read this post for further details : http://www.osd-couture.com/2016/11/windows-10-upgrade-your-practices-part.html

Regards,

Diagg   

• Edited by mrdiagg Monday, November 14, 2016 9:46 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Ok, so I have looked at the Cumulative Patches do I need to download all of them the first time and place them all in the patches or can I just get the latest?

Alex Olver

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 1:57 AM
  • Only the latest in every category:

- Last one for security

- Last one for IE/Flash

- Last one for dynamic update

- Last one for non security

Regards,

Diagg

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:08 AM