Server Admin Templates in Sharepoint Services - I cannot see them when I want to create a new webspace RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the server admin templates and site admin templates in Sharepoint services and in solution properties all is looking good

applicationtemplatecore.wsp
    Type: Core Solution
    Contains Web Application Resource: No
    Contains Global Assembly: Yes
    Contains Code Access Security Policy: No
    Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server
    Deployment Status: Deployed
    Deployed To: Globally deployed.
    Last Operation Result: The solution was successfully deployed.
    Last Operation Details: WLSHAREPOINT : The solution was successfully deployed.

Last Operation Time:

But I cannot see them in Custom templates when I want to use them in new webspace

Please help 

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks like you have only deployed the Apoplication Core. However the folllowing reference will download the application templates along with the application core and you still need to install the templates.

Before installing a server admin template, you must first install the Application Template Core solution, ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp. (Click here to download). If you have already installed this solution, proceed to Section on INstalling the Templates.

1. Extract the core file, ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp, from the extracted distribution. The core solution file will be added to the solution store, a table in the Windows SharePoint Services configuration store that holds solution files.
    2. Via command line run stsadm -o addsolution -filename <file_path>\ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
    3. Next, run stsadm -o deploysolution -name ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp -allowgacdeployment
      (Additional attributes may be required based on your Windows SharePoint Services configuration. For example: Single Server: [ -local | -time <time
      to deploy at> ] Farm: [ -immediate | -time <time to deploy at> ] To see the list of attributes, run stsadm -help deploysolution)
    4. Finally, run stsadm -o copyappbincontent

When installing the Templates

1. Extract the solution file, <template_name>.wsp, from the extracted distribution. The solution file will also be added to the solution store.
    2. Via command line, run stsadm -o addsolution -filename <file_path>\<template_name>.wsp
    3. Next, run stsadm -o deploysolution -name <template_name>.wsp -allowgacdeployment

(Additional attributes may be required based on your Windows SharePoint Services configuration. For example:Single Server: [ -local | -time <time to deploy at> ]Farm: [ -immediate | -time <time to deploy at> ] To see the list of attributes, run stsadm -help deploysolution)     

1. To check the deployment status, browse to the WSS Central Administrationsite. Click the Operationstab, and then click Solution managementunder global configuration.
    2.  After all the solutions are marked Globally Deployed, run iisresetfrom the command line.

Reference: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5973

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks like you have only deployed the Apoplication Core. However the folllowing reference will download the application templates along with the application core and you still need to install the templates.

Before installing a server admin template, you must first install the Application Template Core solution, ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp. (Click here to download). If you have already installed this solution, proceed to Section on INstalling the Templates.

1. Extract the core file, ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp, from the extracted distribution. The core solution file will be added to the solution store, a table in the Windows SharePoint Services configuration store that holds solution files.
    2. Via command line run stsadm -o addsolution -filename <file_path>\ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
    3. Next, run stsadm -o deploysolution -name ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp -allowgacdeployment
      (Additional attributes may be required based on your Windows SharePoint Services configuration. For example: Single Server: [ -local | -time <time
      to deploy at> ] Farm: [ -immediate | -time <time to deploy at> ] To see the list of attributes, run stsadm -help deploysolution)
    4. Finally, run stsadm -o copyappbincontent

When installing the Templates

1. Extract the solution file, <template_name>.wsp, from the extracted distribution. The solution file will also be added to the solution store.
    2. Via command line, run stsadm -o addsolution -filename <file_path>\<template_name>.wsp
    3. Next, run stsadm -o deploysolution -name <template_name>.wsp -allowgacdeployment

(Additional attributes may be required based on your Windows SharePoint Services configuration. For example:Single Server: [ -local | -time <time to deploy at> ]Farm: [ -immediate | -time <time to deploy at> ] To see the list of attributes, run stsadm -help deploysolution)     

1. To check the deployment status, browse to the WSS Central Administrationsite. Click the Operationstab, and then click Solution managementunder global configuration.
    2.  After all the solutions are marked Globally Deployed, run iisresetfrom the command line.

Reference: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5973

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:38 PM
  • Thanks solved the problem

Sharon Cook

Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:11 PM