How to protect Office 365 Email with Azure RMS in program(c#) RRS feed

• Question

• I did those steps according to https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-new-office-365-message-encryption-capabilities-built-on-top-of-azure-information-protection-7ff0c040-b25c-4378-9904-b1b50210d00e.

I copy office 365 email to local folder, such as can forward.msg  without Do Not Forward applied. 

Protect-RMSFile -File "c:\can forward.msg" -TemplateID cf5cf348-a8d7-40d5-91ef-a600b88a395d -OutputFolder "c:\1" is a file protect function in Azure RMS. I want to protect msg file with Do Not Forward template and re_upload to exchange online by Exchange Online Web Service API. so this email is Protected Do Not Forward template . Is The idea correct? I successfully do this in SharePoint Online before.But I don't know whether this apply to Exchange Online.

Since "Do Not Forward" is not a template , throw an error, right?

I use another template. Protect successfully,  but cannot upload .pfile to exchange online by Exchange Online Web Service API.

My requirement is to protect Office 365 emails with Do Not Forward Option in the program(c#). I don't know  which one to use Exchange Online Web Service API Or Powershell.
    Thanks.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:17 AM