Copy VHD to another storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an VM whose VHD is stored as storage account SA1 but its premium one. I am unable to change it to standard one so I want to copy this VHD to another storage account with standard one.

How we can achieve this?

Can we change the storage account to the existing VM with new one?

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:32 PM

Answers

• You can’t change the premium storage account to standard or standard storage account to premium after the storage account is created.

You can copy the data from one storage account (Premium) to another storage account (standard) by using Microsoft Azure Storage explorer/AzCopy and then create a new VM with standard storage

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:53 PM

All replies

• You can’t change the premium storage account to standard or standard storage account to premium after the storage account is created.

You can copy the data from one storage account (Premium) to another storage account (standard) by using Microsoft Azure Storage explorer/AzCopy and then create a new VM with standard storage

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:53 PM
  • But if copy the data to another storage account then will my VM works and allow to point it to new azure storage?

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:02 PM
  • No, but you can create a new VM with existing storage account.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:57 PM