NIC Teaming - Cannot Create an Adapter for Hyper-V Virtual Switch Properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm trying to add a new node to my existing Hyper-V Cluster. Normally when I create a NIC team with "teaming mode - LACP" and  "Load Balancing mode - Hyper-V Port" options, It works properly. When I did the same for the given node, I also didn't face with an error. I created a vEthernet, and  then I checked for network connection(just send PING request to another server in the same vLan). But the node didn't get a ping reply. Facts about the problem are:

1. When I create the NIC team using Powershell(as an Administrator),I face with the same problem

PS C:\> New-NetLbfoTeam -Name "Team_Name" -TeamMembers "Adapter1","Adapter2" -TeamingMode LACP -LoadBalancingAlgorithm HyperVPorts

2. When I send ping request, I can see unicast TX(outgoing) traffic on adapters, but there is no unicast RX(incoming) traffic.

3. When I checked the NIC Team's properties(network and sharing center), I saw that the team is not created properly. Normally, when I created a NIC Team in this way just "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter Perfomance Filter" and "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" options were enabled. This time, IPv4/IPv6 and some other options were enabled but "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter Perfomance Filter" and "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" were not. 

4. When I try to active just "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter Perfomance Filter" and "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" options and disable the rest, NicTeam's status(in Nic Teaming page) changes from OK to FAULT. And I get "Faulted LACP negotiation" error.

5. The port-channel and Vlan configurations are done properly.

Is there anyone who can help or faced with the same situation?

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:26 AM