none
Power Query Excel 2016 refresh problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running into problems with Power Query now that I've upgraded to Office 2016.

I have an excel spreadsheet containing products and product quantities. The spreadsheet is connected to a database via power query which updates quantities to a tab in the spreadsheet every 10 minutes.

In another tab, I have a list of products that reference the product quantity tab via vlookups.

With previous version of Excel (2010, 2013) this worked great. When Power Query refreshed the product quantities tab, it would be reflected in the product list tab.

Now that I'm using Excel 2016 however, once the scheduled refresh takes place, Excel switches to the product quantity tab and away from the product list tab which is the one people need to see.

I've tried hiding the product quantity tab but Excel just switches to the next nearest tab. This is especially problematic as the spreadsheet we're using contains many tabs and it's no fun to have to switched back to the active product list tab every time the quantities are refreshed.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how I might fix it.

Thank you

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for raising this issue. We solved this issue and the fix was released to the Excel C2R Subscription customers few months ago.

Are you on a Perpetual Office license?

Thank you,

Penina.

[Microsoft, Engineering Manager]

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for raising this issue. We solved this issue and the fix was released to the Excel C2R Subscription customers few months ago.

Are you on a Perpetual Office license?

Thank you,

Penina.

[Microsoft, Engineering Manager]

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply. We are using a perpetual office license.

I'm finding that this issue persists despite having updated Excel through to the most recent version - 16.0.6965.2058

Is there possibly a disconnect between the C2R Subscription update and the one I currently have access to?

Thank you,

Evan

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:26 PM