How do I install KB2828233 (Endpoint update on Managed Clients) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planning to install KB2828233 on my SCCM 2010 with SP1 site server.  My questions are :

1.  If I install this will it automatically upgrade the Endpoint Protection of my client machines and SCCM agents also? 

2.  Will it restart my client computers automatically?  If yes, how do I avoid it? Isn't there a suppress setting in Endpoint Client feature?

Pls. advise how to install. Thanks.

• Edited by DoBongSoon Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:23 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 9:50 PM

Answers

• Yes, there are extra steps required; those hotfixes won't be installed automatically.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Marked as answer by DoBongSoon Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:34 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

It depends on which hotfix level you have installed on your SCCM 2012 SP1 Environment. If you are using SCCM 2012 SP1 and haven't installed Cumulative Update 1 then you should install the one with "CU0" in the name, if you are running SCCM 2012 sp1 with Cumulative Update 1 installed you should download the one with "CU1" in the name

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• #1: no. You have to install the patch on the client "manually" (using software updates etc)
    #2: that depends on the settings of your software update (group). Reboots can be supressed.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Thanks Torsten! Sorry I have follow up questions:

I have setup my Endpoint to Manage Endpoint Protection Client on Client Computers. In short my Endpoint is globally "ON' for everyone.  Won't that means it will auto deploy the new agent if it finds a new one?  Same goes with my SCCM agent.  My SCCM agent automatic deployment push is ON.  So, do you know by any chance that if I install this hotfix on my server, I still have to take extra steps to deploy the new Endpoint & SCCM agent?

Thanks so much for your help! 

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Yes, there are extra steps required; those hotfixes won't be installed automatically.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Thanks Torsten.  Last question when I go to download the hotfix there are two options. Am I suppose to install CU0 first then CU1 or one only? I have SCCM 2010 with Service Pack 1.  Which one should I install?

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi,

It depends on which hotfix level you have installed on your SCCM 2012 SP1 Environment. If you are using SCCM 2012 SP1 and haven't installed Cumulative Update 1 then you should install the one with "CU0" in the name, if you are running SCCM 2012 sp1 with Cumulative Update 1 installed you should download the one with "CU1" in the name

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:40 AM