VISTA ALL-IN-WONDER DTV TUNER DRIVER RRS feed

• General discussion

• OPEN LETTER TO MICROSOFT - VISTA DEVELOPERS

I've confirmed that this new driver uses the future DTV allocation tables for the current DTV channels. Example: KOAP-TV DTV10-1 is currently on UHF27 - Feb 2009 they will return to VHF10 for their DTV Channel where the current driver/guide mapping thinks it is. (I've confirmed this by using a Larcan 8VSB Transcoder to change the UHF27 to VHF10) The guide is nice but not being able to receive your favorite channel is not. Please return the driver to actually scanning for the digital station available to the consumer. Example: In the not to distant future the FCC will probably mandate the change over of all Television Translators and LPTV Station to digital. These are usally located in smaller communities  and they will not be able to receive these if this driver does not revert to actual scanning for those digital channels.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for sharing you experience.

We will change the type of this post to be “comment”, which will help more community member find this as an helpful information for similar issues. However, I lack the environment to test this conclusion.

If I misunderstood your concern, please post to let me know or feel free to convert it back to “Question”.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:49 AM