Safe mode only RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I recently bought a game (Call of Duty: Ghosts on Steam), and it had a couple of issues. But after it crashed one time, it asked me if I wanted to start it in safe mode, to which I said yes. However, every time I open the game, it is in safe mode (the text is pixelated, the textures are blurred, etc). Whenever it has an issue, I try to tell it to not run in safe mode, yet it still does. The game is hard to play in safe mode. I definitely have the specifications to run it, and it was working perfectly until I started it in safe mode, I have tried restarting my computer, re-installing the game, and many other things. If anyone can provide help, it would be much appreciated.

Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems a safe mode in this game. so please check if there is an option to prevent you from running into safe mode in game setting.

Addtionally, please restore all settings in your graphic control panel to check if issue persists.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:07 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 7:06 AM

All replies

• I don't think it is safemode from Windows and it might be safemode feature of the game.

Does this happen for other applications?

Could you post your issue in their forums:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/forums

Saturday, November 9, 2013 11:01 AM
  • Most of the games come with 800x600 resolution.. May be its due to game resolution setting.. Check game settings for resolutions.. 
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Definitely wasn't resolution, since it was working perfectly before.
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Hi,

It seems a safe mode in this game. so please check if there is an option to prevent you from running into safe mode in game setting.

Addtionally, please restore all settings in your graphic control panel to check if issue persists.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:07 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 7:06 AM