none
Adjust_Dates macro for Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• OK - you both got me going.  I tried it in MSP 2007 Pro and it worked fine.  Then I tried it in MSP 2010 Pro and the Alert button doesn't do anything other than click.  Go figure. 

I also agree with Ralph - some of the older features are great.  There are a few that were in MSP 2007 that did not make it to 2010 that I wish they would bring over.  One of the ones that my clients and myself used a lot was the macro that would change the duration values to the same value (ie:  all hours or all days). 

Ellen Lehnert, PMP, MCT ellen@lehnertcs.com www.lehnertcs.com Training/Consulting/Author
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just in case you haven't fount it, Ellen, the Format Duration macro is available in Project 2010.  You need to right-click in a ribbon and choose Customize the ribbon.  In the dialog, select Macros from the drop-down in Commands, and select Format_duration and arrow it to the right (You might have to create a new group to hold the macros).  You should now find it in the Macros group in the ribbon (View ribbon on my set-up).

Mike Glen

Project MVP (97-11)

See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

Friday, February 17, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Hmmm.  I think you may be seeing the Format_Duration macro from earlier installations, Mike.  I have a "clean" installation (no prior versions of Project installed) and I don't have the macro.

see:

http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=140

Julie

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:48 PM
  • OK, Julie, that's where it must have come from - it works in 2010 though ;)  Are you referring to Project 2010 Standard version?

Mike

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:02 PM
  • Hi Mike,

No, I use the Professional version. I believe both versions of Project 2010 (Standard and Pro) in a "clean" installation are "macro-less."

Julie

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:32 PM
  • OK, Julie. 

Regards,

Mike

Friday, February 17, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Yes the newer versions are macroless, but as Mike says, teh original macro still works if you can copy t from an older version of Proejct. Otherwise teh macro is relatively simple, so what are you trying to do Ellen?

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:04 AM