none
Filters in project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We are using project professional 2010. I have defined a custom filter , my aim is to cover delayed (based on baseline finish) and slipped tasks.

From the blog i was able to create a custom filter with conditions like [% complete not equal to 100% AND BaselineFinish is less than or equal to "Status Date:"?. So in the plan when i choose the status date i get the tasks filtered correctly.

But if i want to establish slipped tasks as well in the same filter to see them all at a time how do i do that

thanks

mp

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hello

I've assumed that by slipped tasks you mean tasks which are due to start before the status date, but where the % complete is zero.

Because of a bug in the way the filters functionality does date comparisons (I had to read John's post to work that out), I think the best way to achieve your aim is to use a flag field to calculate whether a task meets this criteria, and then filter on this flag instead.

The formula below can be applied to a flag field and will highlight tasks where either:

• The % Complete is 0, but the baseline start date is in the past
    • The % Complete is not 100, but the baseline finish date is in the past
    switch([% Complete]=0,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],True,False),[% Complete]<>100,IIf([Baseline Finish]<[Status Date],True,False),1=1,False)

I hope that helps,

Andrew

Andrew Simpson
    Founder – Eversight Ltd

E: info@eversight.co.uk
    W: www.eversight.co.uk

Download Eversight for MS Project — a free add-on which helps users build high quality schedules with MS project.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Hi Max Pin,

Have you reviewed the built-in Slipped/Late progress filter?  It compares the Finish against the Baseline Finish.  You can start with that filter, copy it and edit as needed for a quick start.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Not a "bug" in comparing finish dates - but a change in the product.  When users received "Entry is not valid" they need to compare against Scheduled Start and Scheduled Finish.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:58 PM