Show detail in performance point server RRS feed

• Question

• I have pps dashboard where i use show detail option.

Right now it's showing the different keys of dimensions in show detail and not the actual dimensions and measures in chart , which are not useful to the user.

Is it possible to show meanigful information to end user if they use show detail?

Thanks!

Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:39 AM

Answers

• I agree with you..  what abt the other columns in the dimension other than key columns?

for eg. if u have time dimension, date is the key column. how you will achieve other attributes?

Srivatsan

• Marked as answer by Bhadri1991 Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

• Is it possible to show meanigful information to end user if they use show detail?

It sure is... the way PPS 'Show Details' works is, it gets the key values from the fact table for the rows, and shows the results, based on the definition in the underlying dimension in the cube. If you want to show 'meaningful' details, you have to go to the dimension editor and change the NameColumn property on the key column to show what you want to.

HTH

-Remember to mark as helpful/the answer if you agree with the post.
    • Proposed as answer by TimHodges Monday, December 14, 2015 4:01 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:10 PM
  • I agree with you..  what abt the other columns in the dimension other than key columns?

for eg. if u have time dimension, date is the key column. how you will achieve other attributes?

Srivatsan

• Marked as answer by Bhadri1991 Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:30 AM