ProClarity Drill Through to SSRS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Forgive the ignorance but is there a way to drill through in PC to a report in SSRS?
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

I am looking for same stuff  [customized drill through to SSRS] .

I have created Standard action in ssas

"http://localhost/reportserver?/ReportsRevised/Report For&rs%3aCommand=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Parameters=true&Channel="

+[DIM Channel].[CHANNELID].Currentmember.Uniquename+"&Entity="+UrlEscapeFragment([DIM Entity ID].[ENTITYID].Currentmember.uniquename)+"&Drug="+[DIM DRUG_THERA].[DIM DRUG BRD ID].Currentmember.Uniquename+

"&RX="

+[DIM RX].[DIM RX].CURRENTMEMBER.Uniquename+

"&BU="

+[DIM REGION].[BU ID].currentmember.uniquename+

"&Region="

+[DIM REGION].[REGN ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME+

"&District="

+[DIM REGION].[DIST ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME+"&Territory="+[DIM REGION].[RETL TERR ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAMEbut ian unable to pass the parmeters from ssas
    Please suggest me if there is any detail blog to achieve this

Thanks and Regards
    Praxy

• Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:27 PM

All replies

• This probably isn't exactly what you had in mind, but it is the closest thing that I can think of.  I don't believe that it is possible to drill through to a URL, but the other option may be to create an action on the cube which can be exposed as a link to a specific SSRS URL.  I would recommend searching the Professional client help files for more information on SSAS actions to see if that may work for you, but you might try these steps to see if they provide the functionality that you're looking for.  I searched the Professional client help files for "url" and found them:

Display an Internet Explorer view

You can display live Web content in a ProClarity Internet Explorer view, and you can add the view as a page to a Briefing Book. For example, you can connect to a Microsoft® SQL Server™ Reporting Services (Reporting Services) Web site. Learn more

To connect to a Web site in an Internet Explorer view

1. From the View menu, select Advanced Analysis Tools > Internet Explorer.

2. In the Internet Explorer Address dialog box, type or paste the URL for the Web site.

3. Click OK.

4. Internet Explorer views cannot be printed from a Briefing Book.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:22 PM
  • If I understand correctly, you'd like to replace the drill through with a more customized drill through to SSRS.  Is that correct?  So, you'd setup an SSRS action, and then use that action as a drill through for the cell, yes?  If so, yes, you can do that, but it's not simple.  I won't be able to explain it in detail here, but perhaps we'll do a blog on it in the near future.  However, the basic idea is that you design an SSRS report as you would like it to work with parameters coming in on the URL.  Then build the action in SSAS and use MDX to supply the parameters.  You might have to use a "stored procedure" (or UDF as they used to be called) to accomplish this.  If you start down the road and have some specific questions, let us know, or post to the SSAS forum on MSDN, as what you're really trying to do is set up a highly customized SSRS action and once you get it working, ProClarity will just be calling it.

Friday, November 14, 2008 12:59 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I am looking for same stuff  [customized drill through to SSRS] .

I have created Standard action in ssas

"http://localhost/reportserver?/ReportsRevised/Report For&rs%3aCommand=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Parameters=true&Channel="

+[DIM Channel].[CHANNELID].Currentmember.Uniquename+"&Entity="+UrlEscapeFragment([DIM Entity ID].[ENTITYID].Currentmember.uniquename)+"&Drug="+[DIM DRUG_THERA].[DIM DRUG BRD ID].Currentmember.Uniquename+

"&RX="

+[DIM RX].[DIM RX].CURRENTMEMBER.Uniquename+

"&BU="

+[DIM REGION].[BU ID].currentmember.uniquename+

"&Region="

+[DIM REGION].[REGN ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME+

"&District="

+[DIM REGION].[DIST ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME+"&Territory="+[DIM REGION].[RETL TERR ID].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAMEbut ian unable to pass the parmeters from ssas
    Please suggest me if there is any detail blog to achieve this

Thanks and Regards
    Praxy

• Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:27 PM
  • What are you seeing with this action?  That is, does the action appear in the client and can you select it?  What does the URL look like?  Is the URL incorrect, or is SSRS incorrectly interpreting it?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:49 PM
  • Hi every Body,
     yes it is possible to drillthrough to SSRS Report from proclarity.

steps to follow.
     1. create report action
    2. Target Type= Cells
    3. target object= All cells
    4.specify server name,
    5. Report Path name  ex:ReportServer?/reportfolder/reportname&rc:Parameters=false
    6.and specify the parameters name which are present in u r SSRS report

EntityId                  UrlEscapeFragment([DIM Entity ID].[ENTITYID].CurrentMember.Uniquename)

and u can check it now using Proclarity

Thanks And Regards'
    Praxy

• Proposed as answer by Prasanna K J Friday, August 21, 2009 7:52 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 7:51 AM