Promise FastTrak S150 TX2 RRS feed

• Question

• Ran the UPgrade advisor prior to purchasing the software - it said no problems.  Attempt to do the installation and it stops me due to incompatible drivers.  Have checked via Dell (PC manufacturer) and Promise and installed new ones but still no joy.  Any suggestions?

Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices:
      • SCSI and RAID controllers: WinXP Promise FastTrak S150 TX2plus (tm) Controller

The upgrade advisor showed -

Win XP Promise FastTrak S150 TX2 (tm) Controller Promise Technology No action required

Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:00 PM

All replies

• I also ran into the same problem with my Dell Precision 360 computer.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:30 AM
  • Did you manage to get around the problem or have you been unable to install?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:44 AM
  • I still have not been able to intall Vista.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:32 AM
  • Use the XP driver, works fine, been using it for months.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:32 PM
  • How do I use the XP driver instead of the original in order to get past the incompability problem reported by the Vista upgrade advisor?

Thank in advance for your help.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:24 PM
  •  

So I assume you are doing an upgrade rather than a clean install and using the upgrade advisor?  I acn't tell you, I have a clean install of ultimate working fine by using the windows xp drive on a floppy and installing the OS from booting from the DVD.  Fill me in.

www.techtronic.us

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:42 PM
  • Yes, I am doing an upgrade from XP to Vista Business. I ran the upgrade advisor, but it did not report the problem. I am not sure what I should do.

thanks for your attention,

Arun 

• Proposed as answer by TowheeR Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:32 PM
    Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:38 AM
  •  

I am trying to install Vista Home Premium on my Dell XPS Gen4 and I think I am encountering the same problem.  I get stuck at the "where do you want to install windows" as it says "windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."  i am not sure what to do so here.  I also dont have the Fasttrak disc / driver so if anyone can help that would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:59 AM
  •  

Get the drivers from here:

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=108&category=driver&os=0&go=GO

Get the Windows XP driver, extract them to a pen drive or a floppy.

Make sure the driversw are extracted to regular folders

go to install Vista, when you get the prompt to install it, click load drivers

point to your pen drive, floppy, or hard drive you have the files extracted to

go in the windows xp folder for drivers

This will then load your RAID controller.  (you should have configured your RAID volume in the RAID manager BIOS for the type you want, RAID0, 1, 5, etc....)

Choose your RAID volume

Click install.

Dont waorry about the XP drivers, they are just a base driver to get the RAID controller loaded and OS installed and there will be an update in Windows Update applet once you get in Vista for this device and you can upgrade them to the Vista WHQ version.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:39 PM
  • Try the windows 7 drivers they might work
    you can get them at http://www.promise.com/support/download.aspx?region=en-US&m=160
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:15 PM