Is there any legal reason why Microsoft and Sony are'nt working together? RRS feed

• Question

• Again,is there ANY legal reason as to why Microsoft and Sony (Sony especially) are not releasing USB streaming compatible drivers for Vista and 7 for older Sony model camcorders? I have no problem driving my  older camcorder on Linux or Macs but God help me trying to get a program that'll operate it  past XP version 3!Whats up with that?There are still a lot of people out there who would like to use these older camcorders on our newer PC's and it is why I still use my old XP machine to record all my videos because the older camcorders are easier to use and take a better picture IMO.I tried Sony's fix and no way would it work on 7..any thoughts?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconviniences.

Please understand that Microsoft don't write drivers for third party devices. In this case, it is suggested to contact Sony and ask them if there is any update driver. Meanwhile, knowing that many people is still using Windows XP, there is a replacement in Windows 7 that called XP mode. You can install this application to accomplish your goal.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 3, 2011 8:33 AM