How to Automatically Send Monthly Reports RRS feed

• Question

• We are using System Center Essentials 2010 and would like to have it send a report monthly on server usage such as disk space. I have been able to create notifications for alerts that reach a certain threshhold but would also like to receive a report at the end of each month that lists the avialable disk space for each of our servers and maybe some other properties if possible.

Is it possible to set this up?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm afraid to say that there's no way to schedule a report. SCE 2010 doesn't support this function.

How to Run a Report in Essentials
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb437332.aspx

I think the most close function is the Daily Health Report, which is a health summary report that System Center Essentials produces automatically every day and sends through e-mail to the Essentials 2010 administrator. The Essentials 2010 administrator can then review the information conveniently while reading e-mail. The Daily Health Report contains summary information about inventory, software, updates, monitoring data, and key actions that you have to complete.

The Daily Health Report can be enabled and configured on the “Daily Health Report” page of the Feature Configuration Wizard.

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jfnva70 Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm afraid to say that there's no way to schedule a report. SCE 2010 doesn't support this function.

How to Run a Report in Essentials
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb437332.aspx

I think the most close function is the Daily Health Report, which is a health summary report that System Center Essentials produces automatically every day and sends through e-mail to the Essentials 2010 administrator. The Essentials 2010 administrator can then review the information conveniently while reading e-mail. The Daily Health Report contains summary information about inventory, software, updates, monitoring data, and key actions that you have to complete.

The Daily Health Report can be enabled and configured on the “Daily Health Report” page of the Feature Configuration Wizard.

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jfnva70 Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:29 AM
  • That's too bad, hopefully future versions will support it.

Thanks for the response.

John

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:55 PM