Can not register a Business unit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After successful installing and configuring VMMSSP 2.0 i can not Register a new business unit.

The error is: "Invalid Domain Alias(s): DOMAIN\user"

I also found out that the same error occurs when adding new users to the existing User Roles.

My guess is that the Worker Process account for the application pool is missing some rights. I am using a Domain account for this.

Tnx in advanced.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Alexander,

(1) It seems you are DCIT admin as you were able to configure VMMSSP2.0 portal via "Setting tab". 

·     Are you able to see "Setting Tab" in VMMSSP2.0 portal? if yes then you are DCIT admin with full access to portal including registering business.

·     Can you please check if user name displayed on top right corner of portal screen is the correct user account? You need to log in to a portal with domain account.

(2) Error message "Invalid Domain Alias(s): DOMAIN\user" is shown while adding users to a role when User account does not exist in a specified domain.  You can verify user account from "Active directory users and computers"

Let me know if it resolves issue.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Yogesh C Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

(1) It seems you are DCIT admin as you were able to configure VMMSSP2.0 portal via "Setting tab". 

·     Are you able to see "Setting Tab" in VMMSSP2.0 portal? if yes then you are DCIT admin with full access to portal including registering business.

·     Can you please check if user name displayed on top right corner of portal screen is the correct user account? You need to log in to a portal with domain account.

(2) Error message "Invalid Domain Alias(s): DOMAIN\user" is shown while adding users to a role when User account does not exist in a specified domain.  You can verify user account from "Active directory users and computers"

Let me know if it resolves issue.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Yogesh C Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

(1) Yes i can see and configure "Setting Tab" and the user displayed on top of the portal screen is my login account.

(2) Yes the user account exists i am using my user account, witch is filled in by default.

Alexander 

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 10:19 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

Would it be possible for you to send snapshot of error "Invalid Domain Alias(s): DOMAIN\user"  while registring business unit to v-yogcha@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:50 PM
  • snapshot send

• Marked as answer by Yogesh C Friday, April 22, 2011 3:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yogesh C Friday, April 22, 2011 3:27 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 10:12 AM
  • Hi Alexaner,

Are you able to resolve SSP2.0 business registration issue ?

Thanks,
    • Edited by Yogesh C Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:10 PM edit
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Going to install the software again, currently testing the new version so not much pro atm.

Friday, June 10, 2011 4:55 AM