none
HIS 2013 Connectivity issue - Cobol Program to Copy book RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to Integrate AS400 with BizTalk HIS 2013 using "host application"

Application Integrator has intercepted an exception in method P23237.  Following is the exception description:

HISMAGB0002 The input buffer has been exhausted while attempting to convert ReturnValue in P23237.

Where ReturnValue  is the parameter of the response message.

I am stuck at this point.

My main problem is: Copy book is new to our mainframe developers. They do use Control language , not cobol.

I don't know whether they are giving the right COBOL copy book. I am not sure whether I am adding the return paramters right while importing the cobol program.

1) How can I makesure the copybook matches the COBOL program?

1-a) Any Ideas on adding logs on AS400 mainframe side?? Currently No logs on AS400 side to say whether BizTalk sent request to AS400.

2)In 2013, Do I have to Configure 'Transaction Integration' tool???  Becz even without configuring the TI tool I am getting the same response.

3)I configured Remote environment in TI. I saved it. Do I have to restart anything so that BizTalk will recognize this new configuration?? Do I have to move that config file somewhere?

• Edited by vaibu Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:49 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To set up a complete environment is not so easy to explain in a forum. If you are interested I can guide you by a Conference Call : Skype Steve Melan

I will afterwards post a summary of the call for the community.

How do I makesure the cobol program matches the copybook? -> Have you defined the structure directly in the Cobol Program or are you using a Copybook Library that you are referencing by COPY in your Cobol Program?

How do cobol developers extract copybook from the program? You can leave it in the Cobol Program. The HIS TI Designer is capable of extracting it. You can also extract it in a separate cobol file using copy

I configured Remote environment in TI. I saved it. Do I have to restart anything so that BizTalk will recognize this new configuration?? Do I have to move that config file somewhere? You don't need to restart. You have to put the configuration file content to the app.config (of your .net application)

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by vaibu Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the Application Integrator (TI Designer) Wizard in Visual Studio to create a TI Object. Could you please post the copybook so that I can give you some advise how to import the cobol copybook.

If you have a least installed CU1 (Cumulative Update 1), then you don't need to install the TI Object in the TI Manager. You only have to configure the Remote Environment to connect to the Mainframe.

Best regards,

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:25 PM
  • Hi,

I installed Cumilative update 3.

This is my copy book.

01 LNK-RETURN-CODE                      PIC X(02).

I created a host application project and added .net client definition item.

How do I makesure the cobol program matches the copybook?

How do cobol developers extract copybook from the program?

I configured Remote environment in TI. I saved it. Do I have to restart anything so that BizTalk will recognize this new configuration?? Do I have to move that config file somewhere?

• Edited by vaibu Monday, January 30, 2017 10:26 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Hi,

To set up a complete environment is not so easy to explain in a forum. If you are interested I can guide you by a Conference Call : Skype Steve Melan

I will afterwards post a summary of the call for the community.

How do I makesure the cobol program matches the copybook? -> Have you defined the structure directly in the Cobol Program or are you using a Copybook Library that you are referencing by COPY in your Cobol Program?

How do cobol developers extract copybook from the program? You can leave it in the Cobol Program. The HIS TI Designer is capable of extracting it. You can also extract it in a separate cobol file using copy

I configured Remote environment in TI. I saved it. Do I have to restart anything so that BizTalk will recognize this new configuration?? Do I have to move that config file somewhere? You don't need to restart. You have to put the configuration file content to the app.config (of your .net application)

• Marked as answer by vaibu Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:20 PM