"Windows Live Mail has stopped working" after installing 'Important Update', Internet 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Also Windows Live Messenger, both 'searched for a solution', then closed.

As I always create a restore point (RP) before installing/trying anything new, I 'restored' back to that particular RP after all this trouble, then both Windows Live App's that had failed, now worked. I did nothing else.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and have been using IE 9 for months, no problems, and all the Windows Live App's worked fine.

So, IE 10, as an 'Important Update' in Windows Update, I guess, should be removed until MS fixes it (or at best, ignored). It's basically for the 'touch world' of Windows 8 anyway, which I'm not interested in .... just thought I'd pass this along for others who WILL have these failures (until MS fixes it).

Tada!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try the following method or hotfix if you meet the scenarios mentioned in link below:

Windows Live Mail stops responding or fails to start after installing KB2454826

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2505524

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:35 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try the following method or hotfix if you meet the scenarios mentioned in link below:

Windows Live Mail stops responding or fails to start after installing KB2454826

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2505524

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:35 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 6:02 AM
  • I have windows 7 64bit.

Internet explorer 9 64bit works.

Internet explorer 9 32bit doesn't work.

Windows Live mail doesn't work.

The fixes in that support page don't work.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:48 PM
  • This fixes also did not work for me. At first I had the issue that I could not get windows live mail to work online. Then i looked on your site and was told to make sure IE was working online, checked IE offline then turned it back online, and supposedly that was going to fix my issue. But after that i could no longer even open the live mail program. It kept coming up stating "windows live mail has stopped working" gave the option to debug, or check online for solutions, both which did absolutely nothing.

We had the comp to our tech guy as this email is used for a small business and we found no way to fix, we removed the updates mentioned above even, uninstalled and reinstalled and continued to get the same error. We now have Mozilla thunderbird loaded onto the computer cause I couldnt lose another days work trying to figure out the issue with Microsoft and the whole IE -> live mail connection.

I will say though, I am already missing Live Mail. Sad it doesnt function properly.

• Edited by DeeMahoney Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:09 PM added info
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:08 PM