PS 2010 - Timesheet - Stopwatch start time and finish time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have configuring Project Server 2010 timesheets and want to provide users with a way to click on a stopwatch to capture start time, click again to capture stop time, and have the server calculate the task hours and populate the appropriate timesheet page actual hours cell.  Does anyone have suggestions or sample of how to achieve this? 
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:25 PM

Answers

• Seems to eb a complex one :) Not sure if that is the good option though.. I might try the following:

1. Create a web part which will have the button to start the Timer for an assignment row

2. Add the Web part to Time sheet page

3. When user clicks on the button, It will start calculating the time for the assignment

4. Another button on the same row to stop the Timer, when clicked, calculate time for the task assignment & call PSI -TimeSheet Web Service & update the Timesheet of resources.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvctimesheet_di_pj14mref.aspx

Not a  good idea as it has more complexity as overburden from each user's PSI call. Please do a proper pros & cons analysis before implementing on Production. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,.

Amit Khare

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:10 AM

All replies

• Seems to eb a complex one :) Not sure if that is the good option though.. I might try the following:

1. Create a web part which will have the button to start the Timer for an assignment row

2. Add the Web part to Time sheet page

3. When user clicks on the button, It will start calculating the time for the assignment

4. Another button on the same row to stop the Timer, when clicked, calculate time for the task assignment & call PSI -TimeSheet Web Service & update the Timesheet of resources.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvctimesheet_di_pj14mref.aspx

Not a  good idea as it has more complexity as overburden from each user's PSI call. Please do a proper pros & cons analysis before implementing on Production. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,.

Amit Khare

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Thank you Amit.  This sounds like a solid solution.  I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't offer something out of the box or at least offer start time, stop time, and calculated actual hours. 

Does anyone have any code they would be willing to share?

TEC
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:31 PM