none
Upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update via SCCM, but lost pinned shortcut

Question

• I just upgraded to 1703 using a Servicing Plan in SCCM, however I lost all the pinned program from the Start menu.

Also, I had to re-install the RSAT update.

Wondering if you anyone had the same issue?

Thanks,

Monday, April 24, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• no idea?
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hi, 

RSAT has the 1703 version, so you need to reinstall after this upgrade. 

For the lost Pinned programs, I have no such issue, since I got the upgrade from our company environment via SCCM task. 

I have to confirmed if these Pinned icons deployed with GP or other ways and if you deployed any startlayout in your environment via GP.

As I know, in 1703, We have new feature to deploy pinned in Startlayout gpo, that could be affect your exiting taskbar settings if your have configure this startlayout GP in your environment. 

Please check this article to see how to customize taskbar pinned icons in startlayout xml file:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-10-taskbar

See if it could be helpful for you. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Thx for the answer.

Make sense for the RSAT.

We do have Startlayout GPO as well since 1607 ,those pinned programs didn't get affected, however the programs pinned manually disappeared after the upgrade.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:32 PM
  • Hi, 

As I mentioned in my previous post, I consider this issue could be caused by changed Startlayout GP changes. 

Please try to reconfigure the pinned items with Startlayout as the solution: 

As I know, in 1703, We have new feature to deploy pinned in Startlayout gpo, that could be affect your exiting taskbar settings if your have configure this startlayout GP in your environment. 

Please check this article to see how to customize taskbar pinned icons in startlayout xml file:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/configure-windows-10-taskbar

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:13 AM
  • again, the issue is not  the pinned items with Startlayout .xml, those are OK, it's the programs that are pinned manually by the end users that disappear.
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 4:20 PM
  • Hi, 

Please check the XML file to see if you configure <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> in the XML. 

By adding PinListPlacement="Replace" to <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection>, you remove all default pinned apps; only the apps that you specify will be pinned to the taskbar.

Check the detailed information in this article:

Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:25 AM