Many of My windows programs are giving me error messages saying "error, cannot connect to server" OR " An internet connection is required for this program" RRS feed

• Question

• For some odd reason every program i use that needs to contact a server is giving me an error message saying that it cannot contact its server or that it needs an internet connection. My internet connection is fully working and it is fast. So what is the problem? A list of programs that are giving me these kinds of errors are- Norton Internet Security (when opening program), Adobe Download assistant (when trying to download adobe programs), AVG Security (when trying to install the program), Microsoft Fix-It (When opening program). And i cant use Microsoft Fix it to solve the problem because i get the message- "Were sorry, but the program encountered an error while trying to contact the server. please try again later. [code 80072EFD]. What is the problem?! Please help.
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 9:58 PM

Answers

• You may try to boot in safe mode with networking to check this issue.

If the issue not occurs in safe mode with networking, please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to narrow down the root cause.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:10 AM

All replies

• You may try to boot in safe mode with networking to check this issue.

If the issue not occurs in safe mode with networking, please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to narrow down the root cause.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that there is something wrong with windows update.

Try to run windows update first. If you get all the updates installed succesfully, then all other issues must get fixed hopefully.

Regards,

Shiraz

Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:13 PM