none
@ Boot Screen hard drive has 1.8 TB - Meanwhile @ Windows Explorer same hard drive has 223 GB ????

Question

• In summary:  

At the boot screen,

Port 0 (Drive D) is one Size, but then when windows opens fully and it is a

DIFFERENT SIZE

Boot screen is entirely different to the Disk Management Screen (And Windows Explorer screen)

___________________________________________________________________________________

In detail :

• 'Disk Management picture' - text version :

Disk 0 - Drive (D)     223.57 GB    (same size as Port 4 - my 1st Priority Boot device - SSD in boot screen )

Disk 0 -

Disk 1 -    3 partitions    -->    Acer C   84GB free

• 'Boot Screen picture' - text version :

RAID Volumes

ID     Name             Level                           Strip      Size             Status                    Bootable

0       Volume 0       Recovery(OnReq)       N/A       223.6GB      MrDrvMissing       Yes

Physical Devices:

Port        Device    Model

Port 0 -      WDC       WD20EARX-222P      Size     1.8 TB                (My input - this is Drive D )

Port 4 -      Sandisk        SDSSDXP2              Size      223.5 GB         (My input - this is Drive C )

___________________________________________________________________________________

Other notes:

Using Windows 7 64bit and I am in Administrator mode

I recently changed Volume 0 from MBR to GPT (using EaseUS partition master). However, this was one (novice) attempt to fix the above issue (evidently not the right fix) - as it didn't work out. 

Any ways to resolve this ? I want my WDC Drive to appear with 1.8TB  (and ideally with all original-original-data, which is probably hiding in the background? Unless i wiped it all, and if this is the case, then what's done is done...

Cheers for any help you may be able to provide

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:22 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have the most recent BIOS for your motherboard.

What is the exact make, model, and series of your motherboard?

Contact Western Digital support for assistance with your situation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:42 PM
  • If the information you have posted above is correct and you have your drives in a RAID configuration you will only be able to utilize the same amount of space as your SSD.  You cannot have a RAID with 2 different size drives and expect to access all the space on the larger drive.
    Friday, April 28, 2017 3:04 PM
  • WDC as above is likely the best source for possible recovery.  However Intel also provides support using their software and that may be an additional help source.

Intel software (Intel rapid storage technology) ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26730/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- ) has helped me with RAID issues and if you have not already used it it has the capability to give diagnostic information as well as manage RAID drives. 

What are your back up options?  Do you have a second computer with an empty secondary bay or an external hard drive enclosure or a free storage drive? 

These are some of the contents of the Intel rapid storage technology software:  Status, manage, performance, views of the storage system, acceleration view :  Volume properties, renaming a volume, rebuilding a volume, recovering data, setting the data stripe size, verifying and repairing data, etc.

It also gives you the option to generate a report enabling you to better communicate about the configuration and drives.

Friday, April 28, 2017 3:34 PM
  • I have a WD elements external HDD, with heaps of space left....

Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:54 AM
  • Acer

Aspire M3970

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz 3.40 GHz

16GB Ram

64-bit Operating System

Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:55 AM
  • Is the Western Digital drive connected to a SATA port or is it connected externally to a USB port?

If it is internal on a SATA port, do you have it in a RAID configuration?

Have you tried connecting this HDD to a different computer system to see what happens?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:44 AM