none
Turn-off 'create project workspace' prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with Project Server 2007.  When I Publish a project plan, I always get prompted to create a workspace.  We have a separate process for creating workspaces but some of our users still inadvertently select 'create a workspace.’  We have the default set to 'don't create' but I’m wondering if I can turn-off the prompt altogether. 

Dave Shultz, PMP
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

unfortunately, in my experience, you can't block in a central way the creation of workspace, ie from server settings in PWA.

So, i think you can create easly a custom event handler on WssWorkspaceCreated event and, if the workspace is created, with a few line of code delete the new workspace.

I hope this can help you,

Paolo O.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

unfortunately, in my experience, you can't block in a central way the creation of workspace, ie from server settings in PWA.

So, i think you can create easly a custom event handler on WssWorkspaceCreated event and, if the workspace is created, with a few line of code delete the new workspace.

I hope this can help you,

Paolo O.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Can you please tell me how to set 'dont create' as default option? Also did you find out any way to suppress the prompt altogether?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:45 PM