Event ID: 10028 - Server Manager won't manage other servers RRS feed

• Question

• Server Manager won't run Powershell on other machines, but will recognize that they are online and states that I need to verify that WinRM 3.0 service is installed, running, and that required firewall ports are open.

I've gone through the troubleshooting to fix this error, but none of the solutions so far have fixed it. This is the troubleshooting guide that I've been going through:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13444.windows-server-2012-server-manager-troubleshooting-guide-part-ii-troubleshoot-manageability-status-errors-in-server-manager.aspx

I'm a student doing a test environment where three servers are on the same domain and are on the same subnet, one is active directory and DNS server. When I add other servers to the Server Manager, the Manageability column shows that the target servers are unavailable.

In my course of researching I found by default that WinRM automatically has a firewall rule will not allow management access to machines on the same subnet. So I turned off the firewalls for all three servers and that's when I get the error mentioned at the top: Online - Verify WinRM 3.0 service is installed. . .

I've verified that WinRM 3.0 is installed, running, and configured. The firewalls are completely turned off. All three servers are Windows 2012 R 2 servers, and yet it still doesn't work. I added the the other two servers to the server manager via Active Directory on the server that is the domain controller.

• Edited by Thleats Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:48 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Thleats

Quick question is this just Server Manager on ONE of the machines or can you connect using Server manager on others?

Cheers

Ed

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:09 PM
  • This is Server manager on the same server that is the domain controller. I have attempted using server manager on the other two machines with exactly the same results.
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:05 PM