restore win10 image to several computers RRS feed

• Question

• Dir Sirs,

We have got the following problem:

We want to deploy windows 10 to several computers. These computers are equipped now with windows 7 professional edition. We are planning to install a lot o applications...So my idea is:

1) start un upgrade of each of them to windows 10;

2) after this, and after the first time windows 10 will be activated, perform a restore of an  windows 10 image previously created with all installed applications....

But i'm afraid, what will happen on that computer the windows license will be invalidate... and by the microsoft side the source computer will be targed as not legal and in the next activation license will be unavailible..

So can someone tell me if i can deploy this image to several computer an be sure to avoid problem ?

thanks

• Edited by Phil1975 Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:39 PM error on writing
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can use Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to do the following tasks:

You can try this tool, it might a be a big help. If you have the licenses for the software you should be good.

Let me know or I'll keep looking into this for you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn916113(v=vs.85).aspx

• View all of the configurable settings and policies for a Windows 10 image or provisioning package.
    • Create Windows provisioning answer files.                      
    • Add third-party drivers, apps, or other assets to an answer file.                      
    • Create variants and specify the settings that apply to each variant.
    • Build and flash a Windows image.          
    • Build a provisioning package.

Windows ICD is primarily designed for use by:

• OEMs, ODMs, and Makers looking for a simple and streamlined process of creating and deploying a Windows image.
    • System integrators who provision devices based on their customers' needs.
    • IT departments for business and educational institutions who need to provision bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and business-supplied devices.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:22 PM
  • Hi Phil1975,

Is this a domain environment?
    "perform a restore of an  windows 10 image previously created with all installed applications"
    Obviously, this would result in license issue.

For your situation, we could try to create a customed image.
    Here is a link for reference:
    MDT 2013 – Part I: MDT Configuration; Capture a Windows Server 2012 R2 Base OS Image
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askpfeplat/2014/08/04/mdt-2013-part-i-mdt-configuration-capture-a-windows-server-2012-r2-base-os-image/

Then we could refer to the following link to upgrade to Windows 10 with that image. Here is a link for reference:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt426643%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:37 AM