grant only some devices the rights to access Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

my company wants to migrate from blackberry to other smartphone (iOS or Android) but wants to keep a key function BB has: a BB user is not free to switch from a BB device to another one without administrators configuration on the black berry enterprise server.

I fear that with iOS or Android a user can change his device and syncronize it with Exchange by means of knowing only username and password. I want that a user does not have this option I that if he change his device, someone (the administrator) authorize that new devide to connect to the exchange server.

Is this possible with SCCM?

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When it comes to Activesync settings I would check to see if you can Control i using ActiveSync instead. There is no extra feature added to ActiveSync when using it with SCCM.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:28 AM
  • I have no experience with mobile device management via ConfigMgr however I do have experience with several other third party solutions. With any of the MDM solutions out there you can likely configure whether or not to allow users to enroll their own devices. Some allow you to provide a one time password for enrollment. But I guess I am having a hard time trying to figure out why you even care. For us as long as the user is enrolled in MDM that's all we care about. Once they are enrolled we manage that device. We know that the device is secured to our standards. Without MDM the user can't get email or company resources on the device. Why should I care if they've gone out and bought a new device?

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/johnmarcum/

Monday, October 7, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

When it comes to Activesync settings I would check to see if you can Control i using ActiveSync instead. There is no extra feature added to ActiveSync when using it with SCCM.

I assumed he was talking about using Intune.

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/johnmarcum/

Monday, October 7, 2013 1:55 PM