none
How can a Workflow open an Add-in Custom Page?

Question

• I want to write a workflow where one of its Tasks is to present the the user with an custom Add-In (formerly App for SharePoint).  How do I do that?

Thanks,

David

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi drbsoftware,

Would you please provide more detailed information about your requirement ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:02 AM
  • We have a large application suite with some 300 tables and 400 forms.  The forms are accessible through ASP.NET.

We understand that it is possible to wrap a form so that it becomes a SharePoint Add-In (formerly app for SharePoint).

We are thinking about using SharePoint OnLine as a front-end to our application suite, making use of SharePoint Tasks and Workflows.

What I am trying to understand is how a Task, created by a Workflow, could launch the Add-In and how the Add-In could read and set WorkFlow variables.

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:27 PM
  • Hi drbsoftware,

Per my knowledge, in the workflow, there is no direct way to open the add-in page.

Thanks

Best Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:34 PM
  • And there is no way for the Task Page to be an Add-In?  Can the Task Page contain a link to the Add-In and the Add-In then mark the Task Approved or Rejected?

Can the Task Page be a PowerApp?

An inability to completely customize a Task seems like a severe weakness in Add-Ins. 

• Edited by drbsoftware Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:53 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:48 PM
  • Hi drbsoftware,

You can create a hyperlink field  in task list and set the hyperlink field in workflow:

SharePoint 2013: How to set the hyperlink list column values from Workflow

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by drbsoftware Monday, February 27, 2017 2:48 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 8:56 AM