Presence Unknown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    i have one user in skype 4 business which is shown presence unknown. His sip is sip:user@testgroup.com in skype server.
    But when i add user as contact to my skype and see his contact card, his IM is user@test.com. It is different than i gave him sip address (user@testgroup.com). Why is that? In contact card i see two emails, one is same as SIP (user@test.com) and other is normal user mail.

Thanks

• Edited by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:37 AM

Answers

• AD user is with same name User, msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress  is sip:User@testgroup.com so I think everything looks fine here.
    EDIT: second IM is from adress book, maybe i will have to wait for synchronization to pass.

EDIT: i downloaded Global Adress Book and everything looks fine

• Edited by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:14 PM

All replies

• I also deleted %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com (Lync 2013/SFB 2015) and all files from lync folder, but no luck.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:56 AM
  • Hi

Open contacts in your Outlook. Search the effected user and delete it.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:17 AM
  • I deleted it in owa (because in outlook had read-only error), added again, but same issue 

This message wasn't sent to Name Surname due to company policy.

EDIT: I found in owa this user (in my contacts and directory) and added him. Now I have two of them. One is presence unknown and other is available. How to make him appear as available when other users search him?
    • Edited by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:32 AM
  • I deleted it in owa (because in outlook had read-only error), added again, but same issue 

This message wasn't sent to Name Surname due to company policy.

EDIT: I found in owa this user (in my contacts and directory) and added him. Now I have two of them. One is presence unknown and other is available. How to make him appear as available when other users search him?

Hi,

is there a AD user/contact with the same name. also check the attributes: msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress and proxy address for anything odd.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:13 PM
  • From that what you discribe, they other users should see the present status. It is a Problem with your Outlook contact object.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:14 PM
  • AD user is with same name User, msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress  is sip:User@testgroup.com so I think everything looks fine here.
    EDIT: second IM is from adress book, maybe i will have to wait for synchronization to pass.

EDIT: i downloaded Global Adress Book and everything looks fine

• Edited by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:14 PM