Expanding S4B to another country, what needs to be done? RRS feed

• Question

• We're a small company with approximately 50 users in our main office (Coutry1) using nothing but (no hardware) a Skype for Business Front End and an Edge VM. An additional SQL VM is used for reporting. We are connected directly to our ISP's S4B certified SBC. Everyting works great and has so for quite some time.

We recently expanded our operations to Country2, with approximately 10 users. They're using SIP phones right now, but these are provided from their ISP and are not integrated in any way with our S4B infrastructure. They also utilise a smalller numer of S4B phones for PC-to-PC communication with our main office only.

We're considering getting rid off the ISP provided phones and somehow integrating their location with our S4B infrastructure. Their ISP has yet to confirm they also have a S4B certified SBC. A site-to-site VPN connects their office to our main, and as it currently stands they have no server infrastructure off their own (we'd like it that it remains so). The site-to-site VPN is rock solid and 10/10 Mbit/s. We'd like to avoid any and all hardware purchases, apart for perhaps some phones to replace the existing (non S4B certified) ones. Some down time in case of an internet failure on their end is exceptable (so no SBA or anything is currently planned).

How would we approach such a project? What steps would we need to take as far as:

- topology,
    - adding their SIP trunk,
    - routing,
    - dialing rules,
    - what else... ?

Please outline what we'd have to do to get it to work. Cloud is currently not an option.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 10:14 PM

All replies

• You have to setup a new dial plan, Voice Policies, Voice Routes etc. which I think you have already thought about.

I would also recommend (totally optional) creating a network site and adding all subnets for the new office in there. This can be used for Call Admission Control and creating a Location database.

My Blog : http://www.theskypeguy.com

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you have asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they are looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

-------------------------------------------------------

The opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.

Friday, February 10, 2017 12:41 AM
  • Thank you for your replay Dattatray, but I'd appreciate some more information, perhaps some links to documentation, blogs. It might appear I've already thought about it all, but it's far from it. I just don't want to miss something crucial.

Friday, February 10, 2017 5:40 AM
  • Hi CypherMike,

As I am concerned, there is a PSTN gateway or PBX (as you said that SIP phones) in country2, if that, it could integrate with SFB infrastructure which is main office, you could refer to the following link to learn more details about “Example of sites connected by a WAN link with a Mediation Server at Site 1 and a PSTN gateway at Site 2” or “Example of sites connected by a WAN link with a Mediation Server at Site 1 and a PBX at Site 2”:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398399.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, February 17, 2017 10:52 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:48 AM