none
How to discover assignment approval status to make a report? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody!

I want to create a report that shows all resource's assignments and separate it by approval  status (resource updated assignment daily work and it's waiting for manager approval; project manager matched resource to task and it's waiting for resource updates).

Can somebody help me to find which fields from which table do I have assignment-status-resource association?

Thanks!

Best regards.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Gabriel,

Which version of Project Server are you using?

I'd suggest first of all you to download the SDK:

• 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15511
    • 2013: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ms512767.aspx

Then what do you mean by "assignment status"? An assignment is a resource assign to a task. There is no assignment "confirmation" by a manager. Or are you talking about proposed versus committed booking?

Please give us more detail about your concern and we'll be pleased to help you.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Hello Guillaume.

I want to create a report that shows when a resource says that worked on a task but the project manager didn't approve yet; 

And another report that shows when a manager assigns a task to a resource, but the resource have not sent work updates for approval yet.

My Project Server is 2010.

I looked on Assignments view on Published database, but there are much columns and I dont know if these columns are what I'm asking for

Thanks

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:07 PM
  • I need to find in which table/database is the column "Process Status" showed on My Assignments page.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Hello everybody.

I think that i closed this question with this content:

SELECT * FROM MSP_TASKS_SAVED AS tblTask, MSP_ASSIGNMENT_TRANSACTIONS AS tblAssign
    WHERE tblTask.TASK_UID = tblAssign.TASK_UID AND tblAssign.ASSN_TRANS_STATE_ENUM = Desired status

The status matched on ASSN_TRANS_STATE_ENUM is:
    Value = 0. Saved by team member.
    Value = 1. Submitted by team member, awaiting action by manager.
    Value = 2. Submitted for processing by manager, awaiting processing by message handler.
    Value = 3. Applied to the draft database.
    Value = 4. Failed to be applied to the draft database.

Is it right?

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:04 PM