Lync 2010 Response Group Playing Agent Code RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone

i want to know is there any way to customize the Lync RGS so when a call From IVR is transfering to an agent,RGS automatically plays the agent code for caller for later uses ?

Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:01 AM

Answers

• Dear friend,

i think that part also can be done. better to check the command let - New-CsRgsPrompt  from Lync Shell by typing " get-help New-CsRgsPrompt "

New-CsRgsPrompt -AudiofilePrompt <audiofile> like this way

but i didnt have a chance to try yet

if you have a answer from me please Rate as an answer.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:46 AM
  • ahhh.. your looking for the Agent's Personnalized greeting where a caller should here the name or a personnal greeting played before connecting to the agent. am i correct?

I'm sorry to say that feature is not available with RGS. What your looking for is a feature where you find in a professionnal Contact Center product Ex. ASPECT

LYNC is just a basic level IVR with only minimum set of features for a small workflow.

Thamara. 

Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:53 AM

All replies

• Dear Friend,

follow this article, you have a nice IVR for Que - http://blogs.technet.com/b/csps/archive/2010/09/15/rgscreateresponsegroup.aspx

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:36 AM
  • Hi Madushka

the link you provided was very helpfull.i have a question yet.can i set some actions after the call forwarded to  Queues to Present the name or code of the Agent that call is going toward before agent takes the call ? is there any function for that?

call------>RGS---->Queue---->(here i want it )----->Agent

i want Excatly something instead of Music on Hold

Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:19 AM
  • Dear friend,

i think that part also can be done. better to check the command let - New-CsRgsPrompt  from Lync Shell by typing " get-help New-CsRgsPrompt "

New-CsRgsPrompt -AudiofilePrompt <audiofile> like this way

but i didnt have a chance to try yet

if you have a answer from me please Rate as an answer.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:46 AM
  • Hi,

I assume you have created an Interactive IVR, then record a .wav file with the things that you want and simply upload it to the flow. I've attached a snapshot below. Please note that this feature is not availale in Hunt Groups. and also setting will apply for all the queues that you deploy.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Thanks Thamara,let me clarify the proccess and need,i know how to put a new candidate for music on hold or any other like this.lets think about an RGS that accepting PSTN Calls ,playing Welcome MSG ,Transfering to Qeueu and now ,we have some agents,an agent named john is callee and external call going to be routed to john.i want the queue or a proccess after Queue plays the name of john or his agent code provided somewhere before ,so the external caller can follow up his request later with Notifying his agent code...

Madushka i checked the New-csRGSPrompt its the way but not complete,how we can query the final agent name and play his name to caller?

Friday, October 14, 2011 5:06 PM
  • ahhh.. your looking for the Agent's Personnalized greeting where a caller should here the name or a personnal greeting played before connecting to the agent. am i correct?

I'm sorry to say that feature is not available with RGS. What your looking for is a feature where you find in a professionnal Contact Center product Ex. ASPECT

LYNC is just a basic level IVR with only minimum set of features for a small workflow.

Thamara. 

Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:53 AM