none
wired problem in IP Security and UNC

Question

• In active directory I create two organization units, one of them has IPSec enabled to all computers and other not. in IPSec settings for first OU, create rule permit access the computers in second OU. 

I can ping computers in first OU using Computer in second OU.

I can see Shared files in computers belong to Second OU using computers in First OU.

problem is I can't access any UNC path from first OU (IPSec enabled) in second OU. computers in second OU can reach themselves UNC paths.

M.Alizadeh

Monday, December 29, 2014 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>problem is I can't access any UNC path from first OU (IPSec enabled) in second OU. computers in second OU can reach themselves UNC paths.

Before going further, what IPsec policy settings have we configured? What's the message when we can't use UNC path to access the shares on the computers in the second OU? Besides, you can also check event logs in Event Viewer to see if some related event messages were logged.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

>>problem is I can't access any UNC path from first OU (IPSec enabled) in second OU. computers in second OU can reach themselves UNC paths.

Before going further, what IPsec policy settings have we configured? What's the message when we can't use UNC path to access the shares on the computers in the second OU? Besides, you can also check event logs in Event Viewer to see if some related event messages were logged.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Hi,

the error code is 0x80070035 and error message is "The Netowrk Pah was not found.".

in my scenario users without joining the company domain couldn't access the Domain Network except computers is in my Second OU. but computers that join to Domain and get IPSec Policy just can ping the computers in Second OU and couldn't access to there share folders. 

M.Alizadeh

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:37 PM