none
MAP database PRIMARY file group is full RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having trouble running an inventory refresh with a very large database, after around 15 hours it errors with a message in the log file as follows:

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.performance_metric_per_timeinterval'.'pk_performance_per_timeinterval' in database 'MAP_DB' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

I have connected to the instance (localdb)\Maptoolkit with SQL Management studio and allowed the database to grow by 500MB unrestricted and the log files by 500MB restricted to 2,097,152 (as it would not allow me to selected unrestricted for the logs)

however the same error occurs

Does anyone know a way around this? or do I have too much data?

Thank you

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• How big is the database? LocalDB is a version of SQL Express and therefore has the same limitations. You may need to create a new SQL instance using a full edition of SQL in order for the assessment to complete.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Wayne-0 Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:53 PM

All replies

• How big is the database? LocalDB is a version of SQL Express and therefore has the same limitations. You may need to create a new SQL instance using a full edition of SQL in order for the assessment to complete.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Wayne-0 Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:53 PM
  • I did this Michael and it works great now. I had to name the instance "MAPS" and set the collation to Latin1_general_CP1_CI_AS for MAP to pick it up and it was fine after that :)

Thanks a lot for the help

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:09 AM