none
How to configure two factor authentication for a particular site (subsite) in SharePoint Online

Question

• I need to implement two factor authentication only for a sub site in SharePoint online. Users would be given permissions to the website, however we need to have them authenticate again by phone (or other form) before giving the access. I have gone through setting up the MFA in Office 365 but I don't want the users to go through MFA each time they login, instead only when they access this particular site. I am also ok with any custom approach to achieve this - like generating a cookie upon login and check upon the cookie on each request to the site. Please suggest.
    • Edited by Sundeep38 Friday, February 24, 2017 11:35 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• You cannot get that granular unfortunately, it will be enabled for all SPO sites.
    Friday, February 24, 2017 7:54 PM
  • You would have to setup a new farm and implant that site address into your current farm to achieve your goal of this.
    Friday, February 24, 2017 7:57 PM
  • Can it be done using any custom development like generating an auth cookie while accessing the site and check if it is present and redirect to the login page. 
    Monday, February 27, 2017 8:13 AM