WOL not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ALL;

I have 50 computers and 45 computer work fine with WOL software which I use to send magic packets. Only 5 cannot wake up.

I did check NIC card and found the one which does not work has Realtec PCIe GBE Family Controller #2 and different version where as 44 PCs work with older version. 

I have checked the local policies.. ditn find any difference.. also enabled WOL on BIOS.. Any one helps I would appreciate a lot.

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:23 PM

Answers

• Thank you Devaraj for your reply;

Sorry for not being in more detail:

I am using win Xp embeded:

Its now fixed by folowing this task:

For Intel NIC:

Go to control panel->network connections-> Right click local area connection->properties->configure->power management-> chek both boxes which says "wake on Magic Packet from power off sate" and also "Wake on link"

For realtek NIC:

Go to control panel->network connections-> Right click local area connection->properties->configure->power management-> chek both boxes which says "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby"

• Marked as answer by megaaz03 Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What is the OS you use?

Try the below link.

http://techibee.com/windows-7/wake-on-lan-is-not-working-in-windows-7-found-the-solution/980

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Thank you Devaraj for your reply;

Sorry for not being in more detail:

I am using win Xp embeded:

Its now fixed by folowing this task:

For Intel NIC:

Go to control panel->network connections-> Right click local area connection->properties->configure->power management-> chek both boxes which says "wake on Magic Packet from power off sate" and also "Wake on link"

For realtek NIC:

Go to control panel->network connections-> Right click local area connection->properties->configure->power management-> chek both boxes which says "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby"

• Marked as answer by megaaz03 Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:55 PM
  • Glad that your issue got fixed.

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the issue and thanks for sharing your solution in the forum. This will help others who face the same scenario resolve the issue quickly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be very happy to help.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:29 AM
  • Yes Andy;

I would require your help on my next topic. which is shutdown not happening..please show some light on it...

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:21 PM