RunVirtual per user RRS feed

• Question

• Question,

I'm trying to use the RunVirtual registry key within HKCU instead of HKLM because I have an Outlook COM Addin that only needs to run for specific users. However when I add RunVirtual to HKLM the addin loads just fine (for all users obv.) but when I add the runvirtual key in HKCU the plugin doesn't load.

Now, is it true that RunVirtual per user only works for user published packages and not globally published ones?

What would be the recommended strategy to deliver Outlook Plugins (Office 2010 locally installed) with App-V 5.1 and only enable it for certain users while disabling it for others, preferable by using security groups?

Thanks!

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• With AppV 5.1, You can use Run Virtual for the applications published to users as well. See if you can write a script in UserConfig.xml which will create the RunVirtual registry key in HKLM. Use this file & target for the users for whom you would like to.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:58 PM
  • With AppV 5.1, You can use Run Virtual for the applications published to users as well. See if you can write a script in UserConfig.xml which will create the RunVirtual registry key in HKLM. Use this file & target for the users for whom you would like to.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Yes but we have everything published globally, so then runvirtual per user doesn't work right?

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Check out virtual vibes site about this. I believe if there's a reg in HKLM and one in HKCU. The HKLM will take precedence. 

http://virtualvibes.co.uk/runvirtual-comes-to-the-user-in-appv-5-0-sp3/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, January 22, 2016 7:30 PM
  • Runvirtual per user will only work when the package is published to the user and not globally.

Check the link which Rory has shared. It will explain you well.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

Want to add MVP behind my name

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:59 AM
  • Thanks guys that was exactly what I needed.

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:14 AM