The application virtualization client could not connect to stream URL RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to integrate App-V with SCCM.  I get an error message when trying to stream the app from distribution point as followed: 

"The application virtualization client could not connect to stream URL: 'RTSPS://%sft_softgridserver%:322/VMC0004a.sft'

I think it is because I need to configure the deployment property after sequencing the application.  What do I need to change in the hostname (default: %sft_softgridserver%) under the deployment tab if I want to stream the sequenced package from a SCCM standard distribution point?  Also what is the protocol should I use?

Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I was more interested in the advertisement settings than the import and creation of the package.

Well, the error indicates there is a problem with reaching the source-files to stream from and depending on what settings you have chosen when creating the advertisement - the problem may have different root causes.

The protocol, server and port configuration is only relevant when using a Management / Streaming-server.

(as you are missing the basic steps I would suggest reading the APP-V /SCCM R2 whitepaper, any blog-article you can get your hands on to really clarify that you are setting this up the correct way.
    This link is a good starting point;
    http://desktopcontrol.blogspot.com/2008/09/app-v-application-deployment-in.html

One tip for future forum-posting would also be to not only post error messages, but steps done before receiving that error message)

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Darklord12 Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:00 PM
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How have you configured SCCM to handle APP-v?

/Znack
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:01 AM
  • I enabled one of the distribution points for virtual app streaming.  I then use a virtual machine to sequence Adobe as a test and save the files to a location on distribution point for streaming.  Then I create a virtual application package and advertise to a test collection.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Hello,

Check these instructions;
     Preparation Tasks

o   In Configuration Manager, Create a new package from definition file-<Tools\VirtualApp\AppVirMgmtClient.sms> with the default option.

o   Rollout this App-V Client Package.

o   Enable Virtual Application Package Advertisement in Advertised Programs Client Agent.

o   Enable BITS Option in Distribution Point Properties, uncheck the anonymous option.

o   Enable the Virtual Application Streaming Option in Distribution Point Properties.

/Znack

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, June 5, 2009 10:40 PM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 10:05 PM
  • Thanks very much.  I missed the 3rd step.  It advertised successfully.  I was able to see the icons, but when I launch it, it cannot launch and It gives me the following error.

[06/05/2009 20:38:37:520 TRAY ERR] {tid=568:usr=khanhl}
    The Application Virtualization Client could not launch Adobe Reader 9 9.1.0.163.

The connection with the server has been reset or terminated. If the problem persists, report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 4513CDC-2460520A-40002EFE

Is this a permission issue? 

Saturday, June 6, 2009 3:45 AM
  • Hello,

Are there any connectivity issues with the DP?

How have you advertised it?

/Znack
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:42 AM
  • I save the sequenced package source files to a distribution point.  Then created a virtualized package using the wizard, then create an advertisement that target the test machines.  The distribution point works fine for regular package.  Do I need to change anything in the OSD file?  Before saving the sequenced package, do I need to change to http or leave everything at default "RTSPS://%sft_softgridserver%:322"?  The SCCM runs in mixed mode.
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:37 AM
  • Hello,

I was more interested in the advertisement settings than the import and creation of the package.

Well, the error indicates there is a problem with reaching the source-files to stream from and depending on what settings you have chosen when creating the advertisement - the problem may have different root causes.

The protocol, server and port configuration is only relevant when using a Management / Streaming-server.

(as you are missing the basic steps I would suggest reading the APP-V /SCCM R2 whitepaper, any blog-article you can get your hands on to really clarify that you are setting this up the correct way.
    This link is a good starting point;
    http://desktopcontrol.blogspot.com/2008/09/app-v-application-deployment-in.html

One tip for future forum-posting would also be to not only post error messages, but steps done before receiving that error message)

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Darklord12 Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:00 PM
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:09 AM
  • Looks like I followed all the steps shown on that paper.  I am going to re-setup from scratch again in case I might miss something. Thank you.

Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:00 PM
  • I redo everything from scatch and leave the OSD file setting and default and it works great now for Adobe 9.1.  Thanks you.

Monday, June 8, 2009 6:23 PM