WINZIP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a licensed copy of winzip 14.0 that I am trying to deploy out to several computers. I have built the package and approved for deployment but my test computer keeps giving me this error:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070667: WinZip 14.0.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Joe,

The error code 0x80070667 maps to ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE, looks like you are having issues with the command line.

Can you please change the command line arguments and also use the .exe and try to reinstall the package?

Thanks, Anshu
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:20 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hello Joe,

The error code 0x80070667 maps to ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE, looks like you are having issues with the command line.

Can you please change the command line arguments and also use the .exe and try to reinstall the package?

Thanks, Anshu
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:20 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:50 PM
  • I am having the same, or a similar, problem. I can install Winzip on client computers without any triggers, but this just starts the installer, which requires user interaction. Would like this to go silently, or at least unattended, but no switches seem to work with this. Have tried using both exe and msi, with a host of triggers, but none work for me. Any experience with this anyone, anyone got it working? 
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:39 AM